The Eagle Ford Task Force was created under the directive of Texas Railroad Commissioner David Porter in 2011 to promote economic activity and establish best practices across the play.
Task Force News
Press releases and advisements can be found at the Eagle Ford Task Force News page.
Purpose of the Task Force
“The Eagle Ford Shale has the potential to be the single most significant economic development in our state’s history,” said Commissioner Porter. “We must develop this shale responsibly, finding the proper way to develop these resources while ensuring environmental protection.”
Commissioner Porter has created a Task Force to establish a forum that will bring the community together and foster a dialogue. The mission of the task force is three-fold:
- Open the lines of communication between all parties
- Establish best practices for developing the Eagle Ford Shale
- Promote economic benefits locally and statewide
Eagle Ford Task Force Members
The Task Force is comprised of local community leaders, local elected officials, water representatives, environmental groups, oil and gas producers, pipeline companies, oil services companies (including a hydraulic fracturing company, a trucking company and a water resources management company), landowners, mineral owners and royalty owners. The full list of members is provided in the first press release - Eagle Ford Task Force Announced by David Porter.
Eagle Ford Task Force Meeting Agendas and Resources
November 15, 2012
July 18, 2012
- Task Force Meeting Agenda July 18, 2012
- Highlights from Vicki Vaughn
May 23, 2012
April 18, 2012
January 25, 2012
November 2, 2011
- EFTF Meeting Agenda November 2, 2011
- Eagle Ford Water Supply and Demand - Stephen Jester, P.E.
- Water Planning in the Eagle Ford - Mike Mahoney
September 28, 2011
August 24, 2011