Sanchez Energy announced a strong start to 2015 during it's conference call last week, reporting they have reached new milestones for production and cost structures.
For the first quarter of 2015, Sanchez saw record production averaging 45,217 barrels of oil equivalent per day during the quarter and reported they are currently producing approximately 50,000 barrels per day. Completed well costs in all of regions of the company's Eagle Ford operations (Catarina, Marquis and Cotulla/Wycross) are below $5.0 million, and are anywhere from 30% to 40% below costs from Q4’14.
A huge factor in Sanchez growth and success in the Eagle Ford is due to their acquisition of 106,000 acres in Catarina, TX from Dutch Shell last year. Catarina accounted for 60% of the company’s production in Q1’15.
Q1 Eagle Ford Highlights
- Record production averaging approximately 45,217 BOE/D
- Executed and closed the sale of escalating working interests in 59 producing wellbores in the non-operated Palmetto Field for aggregate consideration of approximately $85 million
- Catarina: Exceeded our first annual 50 well drilling commitment, by drilling 54 wells.
- Catarina: successfully appraised three distinct and productive benches
- Well costs trending down across assets, and we are now drilling and completing wells at Catarina,Cotulla, and Marquis at a cost that is approximately 30 to 40% below well costs realized in the fourth quarter 2014, with drilling and completion costs at Catarina now trending below $4.5 million.
Read more at sanchezenergycorp.com