Texas Department of Transportation officials are convening a task force to address road damage associated with oil & gas activity in the South Texas Eagle Ford Shale and North Texas Barnett Shale regions.
Within 90 days, the task force will convene an executive-level meeting of local governments, law enforcement, transportation officials, Railroad Commission, energy industry leaders.
- Continue research, data gathering and sharing.
- Identify future energy developments.
- Strategize use of new technology.
- Discuss potential legislative issues.
- Develop funding strategies.
- Routinely monitor, evaluate and revise plans.
Read more about the task force and road issues at caller.com