Exterran Partners will spend $360 million to acquire natural gas compression assets from MidCon Compression, a subsidiary of Chesapeake Energy. These assets will be used by Exterran to provide contract services in the Eagle Ford and other domestic plays.
Included in the deal are 334 compression units, with a total horsepower of ~440,000.
Prior to the deal, MidCon was the service provider for Access MLP Operating, a subsidiary of Access Midstream Partners, in the Eagle Ford, Permian, Barnett, Anadarko, Mississippi Lime, Granite Wash, Woodford, Haynesville and Niobrara Basins.
At the closing of the deal, Exterran will enter a seven year operations agreement with Access Midstream Partners.
Exterran Deal Highlights
- Exterran acquires natural gas compression assets in $360 million deal from MidCon, a subsidiary of Chesapeake
- Exterran enters seven year operations services agreement with Access at close of deal
- Service area for acquired assets extends to the Eagle Ford, Permian, Barnett, Anadarko, Mississippi Lime, Granite Wash, Woodford, Haynesville and Niobrara Basins
- Included in the deal are 334 compression units, with a total horsepower of ~440,000
Read more at exterran.com
Latest posts by Kirk Eggleston (see all)
- Goodrich Petroleum Considers Sale of Eagle Ford Assets - Dec 31, 2014
- Eagle Ford Shale Rig Count Increases by One to 261 - Dec 22, 2014
- Alta Mesa Exits Eagle Ford Shale in $210 Million Deal - Dec 19, 2014