Australia’s Sundance Energy is gobbling up more of the Eagle Ford as a major focus of its growth strategy.
Sundance Energy Australia Limited announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire approximately 5,050 net acres targeting the Eagle Ford in McMullen County, Texas.
The $16.0 million deal is the third venture for Sundance in the Eagle Ford. The company also operates Choke Canyon Reservoir located in McMullen, Live Oak and Atascosa Counties and the Redemption Project located in Dimmit County. Before the announcement of this purchase, Sundance reported on their website that they held ~40,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford.
The acquisition should be complete by late July and includes the following:
- 27 gross (9.6 net) wells
- Total proved reserves of approximately 3.0 mmboe, 1.4 mmboe of which are attributed to producing wells
- Expected 2016 fourth quarter production of 8,600 – 9,500 boepd
On Tuesday, Tokyo Gas Co. announced that they have closed on their acquisition of ~25% interest in Eagle Ford shale gas assets from the VirTex group. The 34,000 acre assets are located in the Webb and La Salle counties of south Texas.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Alford (see all)
- Statoil Establishes Eagle Ford Fund - Oct 25, 2016
- Kinder Morgan: Eagle Ford Contributes to Decreased Volumes - Oct 24, 2016
- Eagle Ford Rig Count Gains One, Remains Sluggish - Oct 21, 2016