Sanchez Energy Fayette & Lavaca County Eagle Ford Wells Produce 1,000+ boe/d

The Prost #1H and the Prost #2H came online at 1,120 and 1,368 boe/d, respectively
Sanchez Energy Eagle Ford Shale Map

Sanchez Eagle Ford Map | Click to Enlarge

Sanchez Energy’s Fayette and Lavaca County acreage just got a nice boost. The company reported two wells that produced more than 1,000 boe/d each. The Prost #1H and the Prost #2H were drilled with approximately 5,500 ft laterals and completed with 14 and 17 frac stages.  Production was comprised of 90% 43 degree API crude and 10% 1,400 BTU gas. Oil is what you want in the current commodity price market. Even better, it’s oil that is less than 50 degrees API. That makes it more attractive for Gulf Coast refineries. You can read more about prices in a previous Eagle Ford Oil Price article.

Sanchez Energy’s Marquis Area

The company refers to its ~51,000 acres in Fayette and Lavaca County as the Marquis Area. Assuming an acreage spacing of 80-120 acres per well, the area has potential for 420-630 future drilling locations. Those locations are estimated to hold resource potential of 140 million to 210 million barrels of oil equivalent from the Eagle Ford.

The Sante #1H is currently being drilled and the rig will move back to the Prost area, within the Marquis Area, afterward. The company will construct central gathering and production lines in the Prost area in order to handle the future development of as many as 32 wells.

Other Horizons Provide Upside Opportunity

The 210 mmboe of potential reserves is purely attributable to the Eagle Ford Shale. Sanchez believes there is also significant potential in the Austin Chalk, Pearsall Shale, and Buda Limestone.

I haven’t been able to locate the two wells in the RRC GIS tool. If you know the exact location of these two wells, please share in the comment section below.

The following two tabs change content below.
R.T. Dukes

R.T. Dukes

Managing Editor at EagleFordShale.com
R.T. is the managing editor of EagleFordShale.com. In prior roles, he advised major oil companies on strategy, the macro business environment, and opportunity screening. 2503 Robinhood, Houston, TX, 77005, U.S.A. | Telephone: 832.429.4790

Comments

1. Ladyonhill says:

What’s going on at the Salud/Sante site? There’s been a lot of activity, including a crane being moved back in and mobile homes, etc.

Thanks!

2. Bernie Watson says:

Hi all
    I am wondering if you know if those wells, Prost#1 & Prost#2 are anywhere near the Bingham#1 please

3. Cathy Willhoite says:

You say that Sanchez is not going to come back in the near future to drill at Salud site… Could you provide anymore information as to how far along they are right now & why they aren’t planning to come back anytime soon. Thanks.

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Ms. Willhoite,

They are focused on developing the Prost area and I expect they’ll drill most of those wells before considering whether or not they want to come back.

4. Harvey Florianic says:

Will Sanchez go back and drill the Salud Unit

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Mr. Florianic,

Alls signs point to it not being drilled in the near future. BUT it’s a lot closer than other wells that haven’t been planned/staked. I’ll be sure to provide an update if I hear something definitive.

5. Harvey Florianic says:

Thanks for keeping us informed. Any information in the future will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6. Cathy Willhoite says:

FYI… The Salud/Sante rig was taken down this morning. We were told that they had drilled into volcanic ash… Can you provide update as to whether they made it thru ash & what the status of the wells are? Thank you.

• Harvey Florianic says:

Also will they return to ever drill Salud well

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Mr. Florianic,

I’m hoping we’ll hear more during their quarterly conference call. Whether or not they return will largely depend on how the Sante well performs.

7. Cathy Willhoite says:

Any update on Salud & Sante? Thanks.

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Ms. Willhoite,

I have not heard back from Sanchez yet, but I’m fairly confident the rig will be moving to the Prost area after the first well is drilled. I’ll post a definitive answer when I hear back.

8. Cathy Willhoite says:

Why is Sanchez, after setting up rig at Salud & Sante site, shutting down & moving everything back over to Prost site? Does this mean Salud/Sante are not viable?

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Ms. Willholte,

I spoke with a representative at Sanchez earlier today and was told that both the Salud and Sante wells will be drilled before the rig moves back to the Prost area. I then received an email that the information I was given might not be correct. I’ll comment again when I get a definitive answer.

9. Harvey Florianic says:

Thanks for your reply, however, I still have one more question and the question stems from one of the updates Sanchez released around Aug. 28th. Due to the success of the wells in Prost 1 and Prost 2, Sanchez said that when they complete Sante #1H (did not mention Salud 1) they were going back to the Prost area, within the Marquis Area afterwards. The company will construct central gathering and production lines in the Prost area in order to handle the future development of as many as 32 wells. Initially we were told they were going to drill Sante 1 first and move over and drill Salud 1, side by side. So now has the drilling changed its course and can you give us more specific information. Are they going to drill both of them, then move on, or just drill Sante #1H, move on and then come back to drill Salud #1.

I am a part of Salud #1 and trying to find out what is going on.

Appreciate hearing from you or have someone contact me.
    Thank you so very much.

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Mr. Florianic,

I spoke with a Sanchez representative earlier in the week and he indicated the company plans to drill both the Sante and Salud wells before moving back to the Prost area. A little later I received an email that the information I was given might not be correct. I’ll comment again when I get a definitive answer.

10. Barbara Goodlett says:

Where is the Lavaca county wells located, I see the Fayette county ones?

11. Harvey Florianic says:

Will Sanchez Energy drill the Salud Unit. This next to the Sante Unit.

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Mr. Florianic,

I haven’t seen any indication otherwise. I believe the Salud & Sante units are being drilled together.

12. Here is the link to the W-1 information on the Prost 2H on the RRC website: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/DP/drillDownQueryAction.do?fromPublicQuery=Y&name=PROST%2BUNIT&univDocNo=486958398

If that doesn’t work, it is located 2.8 miles south of Flatonia.

13. Lynn Morton says:

Thes API #s for these wells is 4214933230 and 4214933248. That should help you with the RRC GIS tool.

14. Chaz Martindale says:

Do you know the approximate depth the eagle ford is for these wells ?

• R.T. Dukes RT Dukes says:

Interestingly, it varied quite a bit in the two wells drilled. If I’m interpreting the numbers correctly, one was drilled to a TVD of 10,679 ft and the other was drilled to a TVD of 11,668 ft.