Pioneer set a record for its fourth-quarter 2013 production in the Eagle Ford Shale, averaging 40,000 boe/d. That’s up ~14% from 35,000 boe/d in the fourth-quarter of 2012.
Forty-one wells were placed on production during the quarter in the Eagle Ford. Full-year 2013 production averaged 38,000 boe/d. That’s an increase of ~35% compared to average production of 28,000 boe/d in 2012.
In the fourth-quarter, the Eagle Ford contributed to Pioneer’s net recoverable resource potential, which increased from more than 8 billion boe to more than 10 billion boe.
Pioneer’s Eagle Ford Outlook in 2014
Pioneer plans to spend $545 million in the Eagle Ford in 2014. The breakdown includes $480 million for it’s horizontal drilling program and $65 million for infrastructure and land acquisitions.
The company plans on drilling 110 wells in the Eagle Ford Shale. Most of these wells will be drilled utilizing three-well and four-well pads. Full-year 2014 production is forecasted to range from 45,000 boe/d to 49,000 boe/d, an estimated increase of 18% – 29% compared to full-year 2013.
Of the 110 Eagle Ford wells planned, 45 will be targeting the Upper Eagle Ford as part of the downspacing program in the play. Pioneer’s first test well in the Upper Eagle Ford continues to perform in-line with offset Lower Eagle Ford wells.
For the first quarter, Pioneer expects to place approximately 26 horizontal wells on production in the Eagle Ford, predominately in the second half of the quarter. Production from these wells is anticipated in the second quarter.
Pioneer’s Eagle Ford Highlights
- Q4 2013 record production – Up 14% quarter to quarter to 40,000 b0e/d
- 2013 average production of 38,000 boe/d
- $545 million capital budget slated for Eagle Ford in 2014
- 2014 production forecasted between 45,000 boe/d – 49,000 boe/d
- 110 wells to be drilled with 45 wells slated for the Upper Eagle Ford
- Eagle Ford contributed to Pioneer’s net recoverable resource potential – 8 billion boe to 10 billion boe
Read more at pxd.com
Latest posts by Kirk Eggleston (see all)
- Goodrich Petroleum Considers Sale of Eagle Ford Assets - Dec 31, 2014
- Eagle Ford Shale Rig Count Increases by One to 261 - Dec 22, 2014
- Alta Mesa Exits Eagle Ford Shale in $210 Million Deal - Dec 19, 2014