Newfield Energy’s net production in the Eagle Ford was 11,000 boe/d in the first quarter of 2014. That’s down slightly from the company’s fourth quarter 2013 production when well pads in the company’s West Asherton area first came online.
Newfield’s Eagle Ford Operations Update
Newfield is currently running a single rig program to develop its West Ahserton field and Fashing area. In the first quarter of 2014, five Eagle Ford wells were placed online, with a 24-hour gross average initial production (IP) rate of 911 boe/d. The 30-day rate was 799 boe/d.
Production is expected to maintain current levels throughout 2014 and grow approximately 30% year-over-year in the play. Newfield plans to drill 20 wells during the year. Thats down from 29 wells in 2013.
Newfield’s Ealge Ford First Quarter Highlights
- 11,000 boe/d in production
- Single rig programming running to develop West Asherton Field and Fashing area
- Five wells placed online
Read more at newfield.com
Latest posts by Kirk Eggleston (see all)
- Goodrich Petroleum Considers Sale of Eagle Ford Assets - Dec 31, 2014
- Eagle Ford Shale Rig Count Increases by One to 261 - Dec 22, 2014
- Alta Mesa Exits Eagle Ford Shale in $210 Million Deal - Dec 19, 2014