Loreto Resources and Eagleford Energy have come to an agreement on a potential joint venture. Loreto will have the opportunity to earn a 50% working interest on two leases in Zavala County, TX.
In Petrohawk’s Q2 conference call, the company announced it was suspending drilling operations at Red Hawk in favor of other producing areas. Read more in our post titled: Petrohawk Abandons the Red Hawk Field. Watch to see if Loreto Resources and Eagleford Energy are able to make a commercial play in Zavala County. Secondary formations such as the Austin Chalk and Buda may become the primary drilling targets.
Loreto Resources Corporation (OTC: LRTC) (“Loreto”) today announced that it has signed a non-binding letter of intent with Eagleford Energy Inc. (“Eagleford”), under which Loreto would have the right to farm in to an up to 50% working interest in Eagleford’s net working interests in the Matthews Lease and the Murphy Lease in Zavala County, Texas.
Key highlights of the letter of intent are as follows:
- Farm-in agreement would cover 5,266 gross acres in the Eagle Ford light oil shale play in the Maverick Basin.
- Drill results on both leases indicate potential for significant volumes of recoverable light oil in the Eagle Ford Shale, Austin Chalk and Buda formations based on core samples, log analysis and analogue modeling by Weatherford International.
- The Matthews Lease is contiguous to the Petrohawk Energy Corporation Red Hawk Land Block, which has shown average initial production rates per well from wells targeting only the Eagle Ford Shale of 375 barrels of oil per day, according to Petrohawk.
- Accelerated work program currently anticipated to include (i) the completion, fracturing and tie in of the Matthews/Dyami #1-H horizontal test well with up to a 15 stage fracture stimulation utilizing a Baker Hughes shot point sleeve, (ii) drilling of a second vertical well on the Murphy Lease which is currently drilling; and (iii) the fracturing, tie in and completion of two Murphy vertical wells.
Read the full press release at prnewswire.com
Kenneth E. DuBose
Latest posts by Kenneth E. DuBose (see all)
- H2S Gas Found in Higher Concentrations – McMullen Co. Wells - Dec 29, 2014
- RRC Adopts New Pipeline Permit Rule - Dec 26, 2014
- SPE-GCS Shale Study Group to Be Formed in 2015 - Dec 24, 2014