The Eagle Ford region topped PWC’s list of shale play merger and acquisition activity in the second quarter of 2013. PWC listed the Bakken, Eagle Ford, and Marcellus as the most active shale plays in terms of deal activity.
The deal market has been slower this year, but there has still been a lot of money changing hands in South Texas.
So far in 2013, there have been more than a dozen significant deals in the Eagle Ford:
- Austin Exploration Reaches Deals With Halcon & Petromax
- Rosetta Resources Acquires Additional Interest In Gates Ranch For $126 Million
- Halcon Sells Fayette & Gonzales County Acreage For $144 Million
- NGL Energy Buys Oil Terminal & Barge Business
- ZaZa Sells Eagle Ford Assets To Sanchez Energy For $28.8 Million
- Chesapeake Sells Northern Eagle Ford Acreage To EXCO For $680 Million
- Forest Oil & Schlumberger Agree To $90 Million Eagle Ford Deal
- Penn Virginia Buys Magnum Hunter’s Eagle Ford Assets For $401 Million
- ZaZa & EOG Resources Agree To Eagle Ford Joint Venture
- Sanchez Energy Buys Hess’s Eagle Ford Acreage For $265 Million
- Aurora Buys Eagle Ford Acreage For $117 Million
Don’t let us miss anything, share other deals or your thoughts in the comment section below.