Baytex has reduced development and spending in the Eagle Ford for the second quarter of 2016
Baytex Energy executives announced their second quarter results today that highlighted significant cost reductions and a lowered net debt of $39 million.
In their Eagle Ford operations, Baytex reduced capital spending to$35.5 million, down from $81.7 million in Q1/2016 and $140.8 million in Q4/2015.
Other Eagle Ford highlights include:
- Disposed operated assets in the Eagle Ford for approximately $55 million
- Participated drilling 11 (net) wells
- Began production on six of the new wells (40% drop from 2015)
- Production rate of on new wells was approximately 1300 BOEs per day
- Three drilling rigs (compared to six inQ1/2016)
- Cost in the Eagle Ford has continued to decrease with wells now being drilled, completed and equipped for approximately US$5.4 million as compared to US$8.2 million in late 2014
Latest posts by Elizabeth Alford (see all)
- Kinder Morgan: Eagle Ford Contributes to Decreased Volumes - Oct 24, 2016
- Eagle Ford Rig Count Gains One, Remains Sluggish - Oct 21, 2016
- Lucas Energy Re-Activates Eagle Ford Assets - Oct 20, 2016