San Antonio-based Abraxas Petroleum Corp. had good initial production on one of its’ Cave Prospect wells, located in McMullen County, in the first-quarter of the year. In its’ first 30-days, the Dutch 2H had average production of 1,093 boe/d.
According to company officials, Abraxas will shut-in the well for 60-days to drill an off-set well, when drilling is completed on its’ Eagle Eyes 1H well, located in the company’s Jourdanton prospect, in Atascosa County.
Jourdanton Prospect (Atascosa County, TX)
Abraxas has a 100% working interest (WI) across its’ Jourdanton Prospect. Here is a brief overview of the company’s current operations in the area:
- Blue Eyes 1H – 527 boe/d (30-day), 466 boe/d (60-day), 460 boe/d (90-day)
- Snake Eyes IH – Completed; Well is flowing to sales
- Spanish Eyes IH – Drilled to total depth of 12,346 feet and scheduled for fracking
- Eagle Eyes 1H – Drilled to 7,182 feet so far; This is the company’s fourth Jourdanton Prospect well
Cave Prospect (McMullen County, TX)
Abraxas has a 100% working interest (WI) in its Dutch 2H well in the Cave Prospect. Here is a brief overview of the company’s current operations in the area:
- Dutch 2H – 1,093 boe/d (30-day)
- Dutch 1H off-set well to Dutch 2H will be drilled when Eagle Eyes 1H drilling has finished
- 60-Day shut-in of Dutch 2H will commence with the drilling of the Dutch IH well
Dilworth East Prospect (McMullen County, TX)
Abraxas has a 100% working interest (WI) in its R. Henry 2H well in the Dilworth East Prospect. The company plans to complete the R. Henry 2H in May when gas takeaway is available at the lease.
Abraxas is also active in the Bakken, with operations focused in McKenzie County. The company is currently doing its’ first downspacing tests in the Middle Bakken.
Read more at abraxaspetroleum.com
Latest posts by Kirk Eggleston (see all)
- Goodrich Petroleum Considers Sale of Eagle Ford Assets - Dec 31, 2014
- Eagle Ford Shale Rig Count Increases by One to 261 - Dec 22, 2014
- Alta Mesa Exits Eagle Ford Shale in $210 Million Deal - Dec 19, 2014