Colorado County (974 sq miles) is in South Texas where the Eagle Ford Shale is present. The Eagle Ford Shale boom across South Texas has largely missed Colorado County, but the area could be prospective for gas as prices warrant. The county currently produces minor amounts of oil & gas. Current production is mostly natural gas attributable to the Wilcox and Miocene intervals.
The Eagle Ford Shale in Colorado County is not targeted on a large scale as the formation thins, has a higher clay content, and lower organic content, and has higher gas to oil ratios (GOR) than the more active areas of the play to the south.
County services of interest to oil and gas lease owners include the Colorado County Appraisal District (tax collector) office and the Colorado County Clerk (property records) office. The county seat is the town of Columbus. Other incorporated towns in Colorado County include Eagle Lake and Weimar.
Colorado County Oil & Gas Discussion Forum
Join the Colorado County Discussion Group today – your voice counts!
MineralRightsForum.com is a discussion network for mineral owners, royalty owners, and industry professionals to discuss oil & gas related topics.
Major Operators in Colorado County
ExxonMobil (XTO Energy) is the largest producer with operations in Colorado County, TX.
Colorado County – Eagle Ford Shale Upcoming Projects
- Capano Energy – NGL Pipeline (to Matagorda County)
- Capano Energy – Houston Central Complex Natural Gas Processing Plant (2013, 700MMcf/d)
- Capano Energy – Houston Central Complex Natural Gas Processing Plant (2014, 400MMcf/d)
- Capano Energy – Houston Central Complex Fractionation Expansion (2011)
- Copano Energy and Energy Transfer Partners – NGL Pipeline (to Calhoun County)
- Energy Transfer Partners – NGL Pipeline (from Fayette County processing plant)
- Kinder Morgan Energy – Gas Pipeline
E&P Companies with Operations in Colorado County
- AKG Operating
- C & E Operating
- Coronado Energy
- Everest Resource Co.
- Jamex, Inc.
- Newfield Exploration
- Samson Lone Star
- XTO Energy
Colorado County Pipeline Companies
- Campeon Gas Corp.
- DCP Guadalupe Pipeline (DCP Midstream)
- Energy Transfer
- Enterprise Crude Pipeline
- Enterprise Products Operating
- Goldenrod Transmission Co.
- Houston Pipe Line Co.
- Kinder Morgan Texas Pipeline
- Natural Gas Pipeline Company of America (Kinder Morgan)
- Tennessee Gas Pipeline (El Paso)
- Tepee Petroleum Co.
- Texana Midstream Co.